Report writing is an essential part of any business. It is also a necessary task of senior officials. Most managers and officers of humanitarian organizations regularly do write various types of reports. Report writing can be challenging, time-consuming if its purpose, process and audience are not clearly understood from the beginning. Poorly crafted and presented reports risk falling short of its purpose. Reports must analyze and present facts clearly, draw consistent conclusions, and make sensible and practical recommendations. A well- presented and drafted report with clear and specific recommendations help the author gain respect and possibly promotion from his or her employer.
At the end of the course you will be able to
- Understand and distinguish types of business and organizational reports
- Understand the requirements of highly effective and successful, professional reports
- Identify and define the purpose and target audience of the report.
- Demonstrate the process and the steps of planning, preparing, collection and writing effective reports
- Narrate the common mistakes and how best to avoid them
- Follow the logical structure and styles of effective reports
PARTICIPANTS OF THE COURSE
The course is aimed at
- This course is aimed for anyone whose job entails the task of writing reports and who wants to learn and improve report writing skills in order to produce well-presented, professional, concise and clear reports.
- It has been also developed for anyone who is interested in improving writing skills in general and report writing skills in particular.
- Report writing-Introduction
- Identifying, purpose of the report, the needs of its target audience and their expectations.
- Identifying different types of business reports and formal and informal reports.
- Common and general report structures
- Planning report writing and what planning tools and techniques to use.
- Common mistakes, challenges of report writing and best practices
- Gathering, analyzing,verifying and selecting data and information
- Writing effective executive summary
DURATION OF THE COURSE
VENUE AND LOCATION
Nairobi, Hargeisa, and Mogadishu- Details of specific venues will be provided later
100 USD For self-sponsored individuals and 200 USD for those sponsored by organizations